Thursday, September 24, 2009

The fun has just begun...


3rd Floor @ Siam Paragon

Living in Bangkok gives me my first real taste of urban lifestyle. Over the past two weeks, we turned into mall rats, exploring the luxury shopping havens of Siam Paragon and Emporium. They were a tad too stimulating for my little mind, but I enjoyed the sights, sounds, kiddie rides and the overall buzz around me.

Jamboree Land @ Emporium


Everywhere we go, it is obvious we are NOT in Phuket any more. Weekdays in Phuket were very peaceful - at least till Janelle and Andre got home from school - but they could get quite boring, since Mommy and I stayed home mostly and kept each other company. But now, Mommy takes me out almost everyday. Besides the regular Bangkok "public transportation" of metred taxis, tuk-tuks and motor bike taxis, there are also shuttles to Tesco, Carrefour and Emporium. Often, Mommy does not have the patience, so she will just push me on the stroller, as it takes no more than 15 minutes to reach our furthest destination.

"Antiqueky" Neilson Hays Library

It is not always fun and games. My family loves to read, so we really enjoyed the Kinokuniya Bookstores in Bangkok, although someone always has to keep an eye on me in case I chew or rip up a book. Last Saturday, we braved the rain and went in search of the Neilson Hays Library, the oldest non-profit association in Thailand. The library was founded in 1869 by the Ladies' Bazaar Association, which formed the Bangkok Ladies' Library Association to serve the reading needs of the large English-speaking community in Bangkok.

We thought about becoming members but eventually decided to postpone for a while, till I can sit still and not be a menace to the books and other users. Most of the books there look huge and heavy, with hard covers. Many have been there for years. There were also lots of beautiful picture books, which Mommy would like to borrow home and read to me.



It might have been the rain, tranquil ambiance or cool air conditioning in the library, but I fell asleep in Daddy's arms. He soon followed me into dream land. This gave Mommy a few precious moments to browse through some magazines and books without me bothering her. We will be back soon.

3 comments:

Amy C said...

what a lovely post, Thailand is such a beautiful country and I have only been twice, but I really want to visit again.
I loved Bangkok and really really loved Phuket.
Love the last sleeping picture so sweet......zzzzzzzzzzzz

PixieDust said...

Lucky mommy! Sounds like you are having lots of fun exploring...

:-)

(((hugs))),
love,
me

Liz said...

Love the photos! Looks so fun.