Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Save the Wildlife Save the World

I love watching the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet. I already recognize quite a few animals - including elephant, lion, monkey and wolf - but last Thursday, thanks to the "King of the Jungle" event at the Emporium, I was able to see, smell and even touch wild animals from Africa, including several endangered species. It was simply thrilling to see Crocodiles, Meerkats, Monkeys, Ostriches, Rusa Deers and many different kinds of beautiful pheasants outside and throughout the mall. What I enjoyed most were my close encounters with the Ruffed Lemur (I touched it!), Simba the 8-month old lion cub and Henry (as in Thierry Henry) the 6-month old white tiger cub.

I don't really understand what Global Warming is about or what it has to do with the animals. But Daddy and Mommy told me I wouldn't have the chance to see these wonderful animals if they became extinct. Maybe in a few years time, I will better understand and appreciate why my parents strive to do their part to save the environment by not adding to the pollution (use public transportation!), reusing bags and recycling whenever possible.


For your information, Bangkok is ranked 58th among 100 places to remember before they disappear. Home to almost 15 million people and playing host to over 10 million tourists each year, the City of Angels is "sinking due to the soft underground, heavy urbanization and excessive pumping of groundwater." I can certainly vouch for the fact that many parts of the city are exposed to flooding every time it rains. According to some pundits, "unless urgent steps are taken, large parts of Bangkok could be under water before the end of the century." Does that mean we have to move soon?

6 comments:

PixieDust said...

What an exciting day! And it is my sincerest hope, dear little one, that you and your own children will enjoy these beautiful animals in something other a photo...

(((hugs))),
love,
me

Veronica Lee said...

OMG! I never knew those facts about Bangkok!! What a scary thought!!

Thanks for sharing.

stan said...

yes which is y i try to head there yearly b4 it completely disappears!

Martha said...

Great entry, love the collages too :-)

Maria@LSS said...

Hi Serline! It's not only in Bangkok that it's happening, but here in the Philippines too. I hope we all do our part to save the earth so you, your friends and the other generations can enjoy all these.

yanmaneee said...

jordan shoes
adidas nmd
jordan retro
vapormax
golden goose
balenciaga sneakers
adidas yeezy
supreme outlet
russell westbrook shoes
nike air max 270