Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"My Story In Photos : Place I love"

I am still young, so I have not been to that many places. I was born in Phuket, but Bangkok is now my home; the only other place I have visited so far is Singapore, where my family comes from. I had enjoy getaways with my family to a few other cities in Thailand, but all were too brief to really register in my mind. My choices for "places I love" are therefore rather limited...
Daddy works for Laguna Resorts and Hotels. His office is in Thai Wah Tower I, just in front of Banyan Tree Bangkok. It happens to be almost next door to Alliance Francaise Bangkok, where Janelle goes for her weekly piano lessons.
As such, we usually have a meal at one of the Banyan Tree restaurants every Saturday, before Janelle's lesson. There are various cuisines on offer: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, International, Seafood, ...
But 4 out of 5 family members would rate Romsai as our favorite. Besides the huge variety of delicious food, there are plenty to occupy me, including a play area for toddlers like me, an outdoor space and even live entertainment on Sundays.
To Andre, any buffet will do just fine, but one with great pasta and barbecue, it is almost heaven. Janelle cannot make up her mind: she does not eat much, and there is usually no Korean dishes, so half the time she would rather be elsewhere than watch us consume piles of food. Mommy votes with Romsai for practical reasons: it is the most casual and child friendly place. Daddy is happy as long as everyone is happy.
I especially enjoy the outdoor garden and koi pond. It is truly an oasis in an otherwise urban environment, and feeding the fish and terrapins is always the highlight of my day. Someday I will grow out of this. There are many more places I will visit, and others with which I will fall in love, but for now, this will do, folks, this will do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful country! I have been to Thailand several times... we LOVEd it! : )

Buckeroomama said...

It's such a nice experience for your kids growing up in different places. :)

Lena said...

How cute! I love the different point of view! It's not often that we stop to think just what exactly goes on in the minds of toddlers.
Lovely photos! Looks like a great place to visit and it's definitely on our list.

Unknown said...

Wow. Thailand has stunning buildings. What great architecture! I am so glad you joined and shared. Your baby is SO precious and sweet! What a doll! : )